Latest Version Download
Latest MultiGo is freeware. Note: this version will not run on Win98 and ME.
If you have a Win98 or ME machine you may download version 4.2.4 and before.
If you prefer older versions you can get it here:
GNU Go Download
GNU Go is a separate program licensed
under GNU GPL.
It is copyrighted by Free Software Foundation.
The download provided here is solely for convenience purpose. If you want to use
MultiGo to play with GNU Go, you may download
and extract the executable to MultiGo's installation path.
For more information
about GNU Go, see
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/devel.html for latest development of GNU Go.
Version 4.4.4 (2008-01-18)
- Bug Fix: The original file will be overriden when closing the window and choosing "save"
after opening a non-SGF file.
Version 4.4.3 (2007-08-23)
- Bug Fix: When saving, if no extension is provided, it will not append .sgf or .mgv at the end of
the file name
Version 4.4.2 (2007-07-19)
- Bug Fix: Click save for opened GIB, BDX files will not auto change file suffix to SGF
Version 4.4.1 (2007-07-01)
- Bug Fix: Print by move numbers kept printed moves.
Version 4.4.0 (2007-06-12)
- Added MultiGo video recording/playback support.
Version 4.3.0 (2006-10-28)
- Added support for explicit character encoding.
- Added support for saving file as GIB format.
- Now support board size as large as 52 * 52.
- Add support to read in UGI file's comments and variantion figures.
- Added option: Go to upper move when clicking Previous/Fast Rewind. By default, this is on.
- Use your mouse "Browse backward/forward" button to traverse backward or forward.
- Fixed dead stone print/save as bmp bug, that some dead stones not showing when they should.
- Fixed character encoding issues.
- Small bug fixes for traversing.
Version 4.2.1 (2005-11-20)
- Bug Fix: Title doesn't show game information.
Version 4.2.0 (2005-11-19)
- Changed back to freeware
- Bug Fix: toolbar icons show different background on some Windows versions.
- Bug Fix: copying large SGF content causing error.
Version 4.1 (2005-9-17)
- New Feature: Annotations. You can now add standard annotations to a move, and they
conform to the standard SGF specification.
Click menu "Edit->Annotations" to see your options.
- Enhanced Feature: "Save as Bitmap" now user can select which area to save.
Also you can specify more options when saving like black/white board etc,
without change the view options.
- New Feature: Bookmarks. You can set bookmarks in a file. Choose from Edit->Bookmarks.
Toolbar buttons for bookmarks are with the Traverse Bar.
- New Feature: Find. Chose from Traverse->Find, to search for any text nodes,
or nodes with markers.
- New Feature: automatically save game mode (branch mode / game comment mode)
in the SGF file.
so that next time when you open it, MultiGo will use the previously saved mode.
- Added option: Setup->Traverse->Remember last played position when opening file.
So you can disable this feature.
- Enhanced Feature: Better traversing back/forth. Easier to navigate throught the branches.
Also add "Upper Move", to always go to the upper move of the current tree.
- Feature change: Do not remember rotation/flip settings.
- Bug Fix: Can't import more than 20 files as branch.
- Performance: Faster startup, drawing and saving pictures.
- Compatibility: You can install both version 4.1 and 3.9 on the same machine
and they won't interfere with each other.
Version 4.0 (2005-8-14)
- New Feature: Better look User Interface conforms to XP theme.
- New Feature: "File->Open URL"
- New Feature: "Advanced->Switch Black/White", change all black stones to white, and white to black.
- New Feature: When playing with GNU Go, if both parties passed total 3 times, the game is ended.
- New Feature: When playing with GNU Go, You can "undo" your last move.
- New Feature: "View->Reset Board"
- New Feature: When adding black stones, you can right click to add white stones;
When adding white stones, right click to add black stones.
Clicking again on an added stone will remove it.
- New Feature: "View->Show coordinate with I".
- Added fault tolerant for input SGF file.
- Added more Move Number options.
- Bug Fix: More robust file last played postion resume.
- Bug Fix: For "Hide Markers", if there are branching stones marker, they are inadvertantly hidden.
- Bug Fix: When the encoding of file is not compatible with machine's locale setting, copying
SGF content to other text editor results in bad characters.
Past Update History